Finding HD directories in Terminal

Reaction score
Hello.

Trying to play some Z files in Terminal. I'm running a shell front-end called Cathode. I can run Cathode, however,I can't seem to find the directory with the z files in it.

I'm using a macbook pro, and jumped into Terminal enabling root user. However, I still couldn't find the directory with these games. I figured that I probably installed this folder in the wrong place -the applications folder. Enabling the root user is probably a no no for someone like me, so I disabled it and thought I'd talk to you guys!
I know when you install software in OSX, you're given the option of installing it on your hard drive or applications folder. I typically install on my applications folder, however. I have this z folder in my applications folder but probably should have them on my HD. Again, new to this whole Terminal thing, but it sure would be cool to be able to cd my way to this folder once I find it. Does this make any sense at all?

Thanks for reading, and for your patience

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
You can change to the directory easily - type cd, press space and then simply drag the folder from Finder onto the Terminal window.

Reaction score
Also, your Applications folder IS on your HD.
Vansmith, does that work in Cathode? Haven't played with it in a while.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Also, your Applications folder IS on your HD.
Vansmith, does that work in Cathode? Haven't played with it in a while.
Good question (I didn't pay attention to the Cathode part). I just downloaded it, tried it and it indeed does work.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.