• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

iOS 6 beta no longer requires Apple ID password for free apps

Reaction score
iOS 6 beta no longer requires Apple ID password for free apps

With the latest beta of iOS 6, users are no longer required to enter their Apple ID password when downloading free software from the App Store.
mf.gif

Read more

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
I must have a big bug then. Im putting in my password for every free App atm

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
Not sure I like the idea either. Seems to me to be a security issue for APPs to install without my password.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Not sure I like the idea either. Seems to me to be a security issue for APPs to install without my password.

Misunderstanding, i do like the idea, having free Apps install without a password, which makes sense, IMHO, but running IOS6 I'm putting in my password ATM for every App. i have just restart my iP4s, might have fixed the problem........

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
Misunderstanding, i do like the idea, having free Apps install without a password, which makes sense, IMHO, but running IOS6 I'm putting in my password ATM for every App. i have just restart my iP4s, might have fixed the problem........

I like the enter once and then for a reasonable time thereafter not having to enter it again. But I don't care for the thought of someone being able to install even free APPs on my device if they happen to pick it up while unlocked.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I like the enter once and then for a reasonable time thereafter not having to enter it again. But I don't care for the thought of someone being able to install even free APPs on my device if they happen to pick it up while unlocked.

I hear ya. Mine is never out of my sight though. I must admit IOS6 is just beautiful to look at and will take full advantage go ML tomorrow once its out....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
I bet they'll end up redoing it when some parent's child downloads a free app and gets a hold of all the other paid in-app purchases. I like the current setup, where you are asked to provide a password for a set time, which within that time, you can download as many as you want, and gets reset after it times out. It should just remain the same...too much variation in the new iOS6 imo.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.