2010 MBP HD from fried mother board to New 2012 MBP ?

Reaction score
Sorry if you heard this before - didn't want to search for hours....My 2010 MBP fried the motherboard - but I got my Hard drive back. I would love to take everything off of it including programs /apps and put it on the new MBP 2012 OS X 2.5 ghz core i5 4gb 1600 mhz ddr3

At the least save my files / pictures. Can I just pop it in the new computer or will it not boot ? I've saved nothing to time machine - Thanks in advance

E

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
Sorry if you heard this before - didn't want to search for hours....My 2010 MBP fried the motherboard - but I got my Hard drive back. I would love to take everything off of it including programs /apps and put it on the new MBP 2012 OS X 2.5 ghz core i5 4gb 1600 mhz ddr3

At the least save my files / pictures. Can I just pop it in the new computer or will it not boot ? I've saved nothing to time machine - Thanks in advance

E

Best bet is to get an external HD case and put your old HD in it. You can then use Migration Asst to transfer all of your files and settings to your new MBP.

OP
E
Reaction score
Thanks - still hope to grab programs /apps - but i fear this is doubtful .

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.