Please Help Quick

A

armyofone

ok guys im kinda new to macs and i have a big problem... i have a imac with os9 and os x on it and i just went to switch to start up to OSX but when i restarted i get a grey screen with a broken folder... i inserted the OSX disk to reinstall and it shades out the disk and hard drive so i have nothing to select... i dont really care that osx is messed up i just want to get back to OS 9... could someone please tell me how i can get back into OS 9 if i cant even get to my desktop... any help is greatly appreciated thank you...

OP
W

Wapa18

armyofone said:
ok guys im kinda new to macs and i have a big problem... i have a imac with os9 and os x on it and i just went to switch to start up to OSX but when i restarted i get a grey screen with a broken folder... i inserted the OSX disk to reinstall and it shades out the disk and hard drive so i have nothing to select... i dont really care that osx is messed up i just want to get back to OS 9... could someone please tell me how i can get back into OS 9 if i cant even get to my desktop... any help is greatly appreciated thank you...

if u hold down the option key while starting up the computer, it should come up with a screen where u can pick whether u want to start up in OS 9 or OS X. just select OS 9 and u'll be good to go! :D

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
If I remember correctly. Reboot your system, press and hold the option key. This should get your system to boot into OS 9. At least it works for me on my G3, which is running OS 9 and OS X 10.1.5.

I don't remember for sure, but if you hold the Apple command key, it should give you a choice of which OS disk to boot from.

OP
A

armyofone

rman said:
If I remember correctly. Reboot your system, press and hold the option key. This should get your system to boot into OS 9. At least it works for me on my G3, which is running OS 9 and OS X 10.1.5.

I don't remember for sure, but if you hold the Apple command key, it should give you a choice of which OS disk to boot from.

i havent tried the command key yet however i do know that when i hit the option key it does show a piucture of my hard drive but with an OSX symbol under it... it does not let me choose what OS i want to boot

OP
A

armyofone

i tried the command ket and it does not work either... i put in the mac os 9.2 disk and hold c and it does nothing... i also tried the thing as i said before it only shows my hardrive wi9th an OSX symbol under it... i still get and all grey screen with a little broken folder in the middle... some one please help, thank you.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.