New to 10.6.8 from 10.4.11 - how to implement SuperDuper backup?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook 2.16 GHz Intel Core2Duo 2GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM OS X 10.4.11 120GB Intel GMA 950 (2007)
I did as much homework as I could, mostly through here, before buying and installing Snow Leopard. It went smoothly and I know all my data is backed up till the cows come home.

I did a complete erase on my hard drive and a clean install of Snow Leopard. When I launched it, I had to set up my languages, create a user, blah blah blah.

What I'm not sure how to do is smoothly bring my old set up into the new OS using my SuperDuper backup. I must have done it the wrong way because I've wound up with two separate users, one being my old one and the other being the fresh one. I'd love to import my backup cleanly with no loose ends, but I'd be willing to just copy over the important data for the sake of a neat and tidy machine.

Any thoughts?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You can't import the SuperDuper backup cleanly. You can restore from SuperDuper manually, in other words those folders and files that you wish to bring forward. Time Machine would have been better but would have to be done before setting up an account in Snow Leopard. I just saw you went from Tiger to Snow Leopard. (No Time Machine in Tiger.)

Once you get everything where you want it and have made certain all your apps are working right, you can delete the old user.

OP
Division.Bell
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook 2.16 GHz Intel Core2Duo 2GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM OS X 10.4.11 120GB Intel GMA 950 (2007)
Alright that's what I was thinking.

Thanks a lot for the help!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.