Reaction score
I would like to uninstall (remove) skype from my mac pro.
How do I do this.? When I try to put the app in the trash it tells me the app is open.Sigh.

My facetime has stopped working so I thought skype might be interfering.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Skype is probably starting automatically or one of its processes is starting when you start up. You can try rebooting and then attempt again to delete Skype. If that doesn't work use the Activity Monitor to shut it down. Open your Activity Monitor and look for any Skype processes that are running. Highlight each one in turn and then go to the top menu and press the icon that looks like a stop sign. When all processes are stopped, you should be able to remove Skype.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Applications -> Utilities -> Activity Monitor.app

OP
T
Reaction score
OK I found the activity monitor, stopped the skype process and dragged the skype app to the trash
Hope this is the last of skype.

NOw I would like to get facetime working again. It doesn't accept my password and does not let me open a new account.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Are you signing in to FaceTime with your Apple ID? And did you create a new password for FaceTime when you first created the account?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.