Do IPads lose connection to wireless once they turn off?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 16 Inch 2019 MacOS Catalina 10.15.3 (19D76)
My sister had a sleep over. She asked me for the password to get on to my internet connection. I got her on my Verizon internet connection. I wanted to make sure she logged off before she gave it back to her friend. The battery on the iPad went dead and needs to be recharged. They never unconnected to my internet connection.
My question is, once an iPad is turned off does it lose the connection to the internet with my password? How about if the battery dies? Does the password get saved? Should I change the password for my internet connection?
Thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
All I can tell you is that when I first set up my iPad (3rd Generation) to my internet connection at home (I also have Verizon) which is protected by WPA2, it remembered the network and password. And it continues to remember it when turned off and on and after a battery recharge. My advice is better to be safe and change your password. Also, use strong encryption for your home network. WPA2 is what I recommend.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
It will not forget the password when you power off any iOS device or put it to sleep or anything. It will remember it, you have to specifically go into the Network section and then tell it to Forget Network..

Reaction score
By following below steps you can solve your problem.
1) Access your routers configuration screen (for most routers, open a browser and enter the address 192.168.1.1)
2) Restore the settings to factory default
3) Re-entered user name and password for your internet access and re-set your wifi settings
4) Test your iPad 3 and see if it remembers the network upon reboot.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
By following below steps you can solve your problem.
1) Access your routers configuration screen (for most routers, open a browser and enter the address 192.168.1.1)
2) Restore the settings to factory default
3) Re-entered user name and password for your internet access and re-set your wifi settings
4) Test your iPad 3 and see if it remembers the network upon reboot.

I don't think you read the question properly and why would you have them reset the settings on their router when it's just simple enough to change the password?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.