Any way to control my iMac '11 fan on Bootcamp?

Reaction score
I've tried two programs. One is SpeedFan and I used YouTube to figure out how to use it. However, the guy on the tutorial had a PC, not a Mac. I got this far into the tutorial. I'm on this screen and I don't know what changes I should make:

speedfanscreenshot.png

Then, I tried MAC/SMC MacFan. I ran it and got this:

macfanscreenshot.png

"Number of fans in the system: -1" ...that can't be right?? I read that they stopped developing this program so I don't know if it would work on my system.

If anyone has any solutions or suggestions, please let me know. I play games on Bootcamp so I'd really like to beef up my fan speed. Thanks.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
There's no need to change your fan speed to play games - they will go as fast as they need to. In fact, you run the risk of doing damage to them if you take manual control. Let the computer decide how fast they need to go and enjoy your computer.

OP
T
Reaction score
hey thanks anyway. I found Lubbo's Fan Control works.. I can actually hear the fans going now and see the temperature decreasing.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.