Mac OSX Wireless Not working HELP!

T

tomhough

hello everyone, here's my home setup:

BT ADSL Broadband 512Kbps Down / 288Kbps Up
D-Link ADSL Router
Airport Extreme Base Station (wireless)
DR.Bott ExtendAir Wireless Antenna (extra 75m range)

PowerBook G4 OSX (up to date) + HP Omnibook 350L 600Mhz Win98 with a Netgear 54mbps PCMCIA card

the problem i am having is this:
When ever i power up my powerbook g4, i am presented constantly with this error:
"IP Address Configuration" (Red exclamation mark triangle in corner of box)
86.136.56.132 in use by 0:d:93:1:12:29,
DHCP Server 192.168.1.100

This only occurs with the Power Book G4, this message constantly comes up.. and is very annoying. however the internet does work, and the connection to the network is perfect. - no problems on any other windows machines.

i have set the adsl router to dhcp leasing the ip addresses in the range of: 192.168.1.10 - 192.168.1.99, the adsl router is set to: 192.168.1.100 and the airport extreme is automatically assigned dhcp ip address via the d-link router.

the problem from what i can see, is my powerbook g4 thinks that its conflicting ip addresses with the ip address of my BT ADSL line ip address which i acquire from BT. - which i dont see how that would be the case?

If someone can tell me how to fix this, or how to stop OSX coming up with the error it would be great, because this is so infuriating!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.