Onyx Not Deleting Browser History

Reaction score
Hey everyone i recently downloaded Onyx because I've been hearing good reviews about it, so i did all the cleaning maintenance which it provided but when it got to browser cleaning and executed it, it didn't seem to clean anything, the progress bar shows up and says its cleaned the history but when I went on my browsers all of them still had the browsing history, the form values and cookies etc.

Could anybody explain why maybe? If im in the correct forum thread?

I'm using Mac OSX Lion 10.7.4

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
It works perfectly well here. I verified it with Safari and Firefox. What browser(s) are you using that aren't getting cleaned up? Are any getting cleaned up? Are you running the correct version of Onyx for Lion? Have you run the rest of Onyx's maintenance and cleaning tools?

OP
S
Reaction score
Hi there.

I have 3 installed but only use 2, Firefox and Chrome and both of them are not cleaning, and yep i have run the other cleaning tools and maintenance aswell. I'm running the 2.4.7 version of OnyX.

Its weird because the only way i can actually delete the History is by using the Browser itself.

Do you know what could be the problem?

Thanks again for replying

Regards

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
I have 3 installed but only use 2, Firefox and Chrome and both of them are not cleaning, and yep i have run the other cleaning tools and maintenance aswell. I'm running the 2.4.7 version of OnyX.

Its weird because the only way i can actually delete the History is by using the Browser itself.

Do you know what could be the problem?

Interestingly, I had 2.4.0b2 and it claims that there's no update available. Must have been a bug in the beta. At any rate, I just downloaded the current version but it works just fine also. I was also running an older version of Firefox so I updated that… all is still well.

At the moment, the only thing I can think to try is the rest of Onyx's tools. Verify/repair permissions and clear out the system/user caches, then reboot and try the browser options again.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.