How do I sync my Mac address book with Microsoft Exchange

Reaction score
I've got 1,800 names in my Address Book, just a handful in my Contacts. I've got it set in iTunes to sync with Microsoft Exchange. What I am I doing wrong?? I can't get my Mac Address Book into my Exchange Contacts or my iPhone.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
What version of Exchange are you running - and is this your personal Exchange server, or one hosted by your employer?

If you're using an older version of Exchange, it can be difficult - and in any case, you'll probably need some help from your IT department (assuming it's a corporate Exchange implementation).

OP
T
Reaction score
What version of Exchange are you running - and is this your personal Exchange server, or one hosted by your employer?

If you're using an older version of Exchange, it can be difficult - and in any case, you'll probably need some help from your IT department (assuming it's a corporate Exchange implementation).

I'm using it on GoDaddy. that has to be the most current doesn't it? There is no IT guy! Its me! :) Godaddy hosts our site and we have individual Microsoft Exchange accounts.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro, iMac, OS 10.13.6, iPhone 6s iOS 15.1, iPad mini, iOS 9.3.5
For the fun of it, you may use another route, albeit less straightforward:
  1. Get yourself a Plaxo account <www.plaxo.com> and close all doors from your Plaxo account to any third party Plaxo member;
  2. On your Windows PC connected to the Exchange server (whatever the connection), synchronize to Plaxo;
  3. Upgrade on Plaxo to Platinum sync for a better sync (you must pay for this service);
  4. This will synchronize your Exchange address book and your Exchange calendar to your account's Plaxo database;
  5. On your Mac, do the same (synchronize the mac to your account's Plaxo database).
With the exception of a few duplicates which Plaxo handles better that Outlook but not so well as on the mac side, you are done.

HTH

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.