GarageBand: Horrible Cracking/Popping Noise While Recording

Reaction score
Hey guys!

I used to have OSX Lion installed, and I used GarageBand - with a Line 6 POD studio UX1 - to record my guitar tunes (which worked pretty fine); no interruptions or annoying cracking noise. Then I decided to upgrade my MacBook Pro to OSX Mountain Lion. Everything seemed okay until I tried to record guitar tunes on GarageBand. Now when I try to record something, this annoying cracking noise immediately jumps in and ruins the f*** out of my sound! You can hear it in the video (link below). This problem is happening when I'm using the UX1; the laptop's built-in mic can still record fine with no noise.
I need to know where this problem is coming from... I tried messing with the sample frequency and bit-rate... I made sure they were all matching at 44.1 kHz and 24-bits but nothing got fixed :Shouting:

Here's a sample of what this horrible cracking noise sounds like: HELP: GarageBand cracking noise while recording. - YouTube

Reaction score
Horrible Cracking/Popping noise

Hey guys!

I used to have OSX Lion installed, and I used GarageBand - with a Line 6 POD studio UX1 - to record my guitar tunes (which worked pretty fine); no interruptions or annoying cracking noise. Then I decided to upgrade my MacBook Pro to OSX Mountain Lion. Everything seemed okay until I tried to record guitar tunes on GarageBand. Now when I try to record something, this annoying cracking noise immediately jumps in and ruins the f*** out of my sound! You can hear it in the video (link below). This problem is happening when I'm using the UX1; the laptop's built-in mic can still record fine with no noise.
I need to know where this problem is coming from... I tried messing with the sample frequency and bit-rate... I made sure they were all matching at 44.1 kHz and 24-bits but nothing got fixed :Shouting:

Here's a sample of what this horrible cracking noise sounds like: HELP: GarageBand cracking noise while recording. - YouTube

And I have the same problem

Reaction score
I have the same problem

Tried restarting the application and even changed microphones twice, but the sound persists and my song is now ruined. Final master was terrible, any solutions out there?

Reaction score
A workaround, first staart Pod Farm 2, then start Garage Band, then close Pod Farm 2. The crackling noise is gone.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.