Boot Camp error message "The installer disc could not be found"

Reaction score
so I'm trying to install windows 7 on my Mac and I keep getting this error message it reads "The installer could not be found insert your Windows installer disc and wait a few seconds for the disc to recognised" this is with the disc obviously in and I know it works cause I recently used it to install Windows 7 on a friends computer the other day. WHAT DO I DO? PLZ HELP

boot camp error message.png

cd pic.png

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Can you tell us what kind of Windows 7 disk you're trying to install with? The only acceptable versions are these: Microsoft boxed full version and an OEM system builders full version. Branded versions of Windows 7 (Sony, Dell, HP, etc) are not acceptable. Also, recovery versions or multiple licensed versions are likewise not acceptable.

OP
M
Reaction score
I'm using a pirated version of Windows 7 which has multiple copies of windows I would send you a link to it but I got it ages ago and I'm only doing it now. you can choose from all the different versions when installing. If you find a good copy of windows 7 ultimate which would work can you send it to me? much appreciated

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Ohh dear piracy is very unpopular here. You will need to lash out and spend a buck or a couple of hundred or so.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Please... we do not discuss illegal activities in these forums. However, since you seem to want to do the right thing by buying a licensed version, I'm going to allow this thread to continue.

Amazon.com sells an OEM System Builder's full install version of Windows 7 for $90.65. It includes the 64 bit version which is what we recommend. LINK

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.