RAM upgrade Macbook Pro

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have a 2006-2008 (Dont know which year) Macbook pro with the 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo. It currently has 2 X 1GB 667MHz DDR2 SD RAM in it and I want to upgrade to 2 x 2GB sticks for a total of 4GB.

Do I need to get a special type of RAM for macs? I've done this on pc's before but not macs.
If possible, can someone tell me if these guys sell the type of RAM I need for my macbook pro?
Austin Computers Home page

Thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I can't tell from their web pages what kind of memory modules they're selling. We usually recommend buying memory from a reliable source. Either buy the modules from Crucial.com or Other World Computing. Your machine appears to be an early 2008 MBP and can accept a maximum of 6 GB of memory. That would be 4 GB x 1 + 2 Gb x 1 = 6 GB. The DDR2 667MHZ modules are a bit expensive because they're not as common as they once were.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.