Splitting an iso file

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air 10.7, iMac 21" 10.7
I have a very large iso file that I need to transfer from my Macbook air's tiny 60GB hard drive to my windows laptop. I don't have any external storage devices that can transfer more than 4GB at a time due to size, and wouldn't like to spend money on anything unnecessary. The iso is about 7.5GB so doing it over the air would take a while.

Point is, does anyone know of any programs that can split the iso in to two parts so that I can copy it to the windows computer? I would also need to reattach the two parts once they are on windows.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Best thing to do would be to make a multi-part archive to split it up, then re-combine the parts on the Windows machine. What appears to be a good freebie for the Mac to do this is keka. It gets great reviews and is actively maintained. I'm testing it out now, and what I recommend is to create a 7z archive and set the split option to whatever seems suitable. You'll probably get more than 2 files, but no matter… it'll get the job done. Just set your options, then drag your ISO file into the window or on the Dock icon. Once done, copy the files on over. There are free 7zip utilities available for Windows that can be readily found.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air 10.7, iMac 21" 10.7
Thank you very much.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.