new email with attachment

Reaction score
when i right click on a picture to email and click "new email with attachment it wants to go to osx email but i want it to go to my outlook. how do i set this up?

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Set outlook at your default e-mail program following these instructions.

OP
RustProofCorn
Reaction score
that might me further than i want to go with my company's mac. i figured out how i can use automated to do what i wanted. it still doesn't work like windows where i can reduce the picture size on the fly. so it may all be a mute point anyhow.

OP
RustProofCorn
Reaction score
so i have the attachments functions working through automator which is cool by the way. however whenever i select a file and attach via right click when outlook comes up my signature isn't there. when i start a new email from outlook itself my sig is there. is there another setting i need to click on through automator to get this to work? also i thought i had it figured out so that it would automatically resize a file or jpeg when attaching but it wasn't working. do you know if you can also set automator to do this for you as well? automator so cool. how come i never hear anyone talking about it?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.