Tired keyboard

Reaction score
Hi, I just re-registered to be a member of the forum again.
My problem is with my keyboard on a Macbook 2007 13" OSX 10.5.8. The entire keyboard is under-responsive, no 'spring-back' in the keys. If I wait while pressing the key, the letter will appear, but I have to use an external keyboard with usb in order to write normally. Is this keyboard fatigue the signal to replace the keyboard, or is there something else wrong? I did have a liquid spill on the lower left corner, and I thought that it got between the keys and the aluminum casing under the keys. I opened up the computer to see if there was wet underneath on the logic board, but it looked ok. The keyboard casing seems to be sealed, so I couldn't look inside.
Thanks, Janouise

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Welcome to Mac-Forums

If you have had a liquid spill on the keyboard, that would explain the key click issue..I'm not sure if the Macbook use a traditional spring for the bounce back or something else, but liquids (depending on what they are) can cause varying degrees of damage..

Your best bet to get this resolved might be to replace the entire keyboard assembly or continue to use the external keyboard..

OP
J
Reaction score
Thank you Ashwin, I hope you're right. Getting a new keyboard sounds do-able, versus having to get another logic board or another computer! Janet

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.