• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Extended Apple employee hours point to rumored July 25 Mountain Lion release

Reaction score
Extended Apple employee hours point to rumored July 25 Mountain Lion release

Prep work for the rollout of OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion will reportedly culminate next week when Apple employees will be be tapped for overtime beginning July 25.
mf.gif

Read more

Reaction score
I've been reading about this potential release date for Mountain Lion. I would have to admit I am both excited about the new features that have been announced but also hesitant after the difficulties Lion introduced. I think I will wait a week or two after it is released to see what the reviews say. Normally I'm a jump right in kind of guy.

My favorite upcoming features are the ability to share from almost any app to my appletv, notes and reminders spanning osx and iOS, iMessages, and possibly the voice to text feature.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
I probably will jump on it by this weekend. I plan to have a full clone of my existing installation backed up, so if any problems creep up, I'll be prepared. From everything I've read, it really sounds like they refined a lot of features in Mountain Lion and took feedback/criticism of Lion very seriously.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 27" iMAC 3 GHz Intel Core i5, 1TB HD, Radeon Pro 570X 4 GB graphics card, 8 GB DDR4 RAM
I've been reading about this potential release date for Mountain Lion. I would have to admit I am both excited about the new features that have been announced but also hesitant after the difficulties Lion introduced. I think I will wait a week or two after it is released to see what the reviews say. Normally I'm a jump right in kind of guy.

My favorite upcoming features are the ability to share from almost any app to my appletv, notes and reminders spanning osx and iOS, iMessages, and possibly the voice to text feature.

Same for me, in fact I never did buy Lion and continue to use SL w/o any issues which was the reason I bought my iMac in the first place, I didn't want to be an unpaid beta tester for M/S OS'.

Tom

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.