backup hard drive

T

tomatoe

Hi, i really don't know much about computers.. to the point where I don't know how to backup my hard drive.

I'm sending in my computer to apple to fix my lcd display, and they said to backup my harddrive b/c they might lose my files and applications.

How do I backup my hard drive? thanks :D

OP
H

heedree

tomatoe said:
Hi, i really don't know much about computers.. to the point where I don't know how to backup my hard drive.

I'm sending in my computer to apple to fix my lcd display, and they said to backup my harddrive b/c they might lose my files and applications.

How do I backup my hard drive? thanks :D

If by backing up your hard drive they mean backing up your valueable data, then simply back up all your data by burning it to CD-Rs or DVD-Rs. You can also get an external USB/Firewire harddrive and back up that way by moving all your data onto the external drive.

The CD/DVD way is usually cheaper though. :p

OP
B

Biturbo V12 AMG

If you have an ipod that has some empty space you can also back up onto the ipod.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.