Tried to Install Windows. Installation Failed. Mac OS Boot keys not working.

Reaction score
Hello,

Yesterday I tried to install Windows 7 on my iMac with bootcamp. However installation did not go well and whenever it tries to load windows it either freezes on "Starting Windows" screen or it restarts at "Setup is preparing computer for first use" screen so either way end up with a restart and going to a Error Recovery mode of Windows with options like safe mode etc. that lead me to same screens. If I choose to boot in safe mode with Windows when it loads files it freezes when loading disk.sys .

Anyhow I tried numerous times to boot from Mac OS disk with C, to reset booting with Cmd+Opt+P+R or trying to force a Mac OS startup with X. But all the time nothing happens and I end up to the Error recovery mode of windows.

I have a wireless keyboard. The eject disk with the mouse works fine. My up arrow key seems to be constantly pressed or malfuctioning when I end in Error mode since the options go up all the time without me doing anything and have to use TAB to stabilise it.

Thanx in Advance

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM
Change the batteries or get a wired keyboard. Also, just hold down the opt key at boot, see what happens

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.