Synching .rtf files with Mac/iPhone/iPad

Reaction score
I'm on my Mac all day at work and use TextEdit for almost every note that I take. The reason it's so accessible for is because it's so light/fast and the program opens instantaneously. This is paramount for me as I close and open my .rtf documents and TextEdit itself continuously throughout each day (which is why something like EverNote doesn't work for me).

I'm looking for a way to make a note on an .rtf file on my Mac, and then be able to access and edit that .rtf file on my iPad and iPhone.

After some initial research it looks as if RichText Edit is the only app that will support .rtf files, and it synchs through DropBox to your iPad, but not your iPhone.

Any suggestions?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Why don't you purchase Pages? You can use it on your iPhone and iPad and it'll sync through DropBox. Pages does RTF and also MS Office Word file formats.

Create the RTF files or notes on your Mac with TextEdit, copy them to the DropBox folder, open them on your iPad or iPhone with Pages, where you can edit and save them. I believe Pages for iOS is $9.99.

OP
S
Reaction score
Perfect, exactly what I am looking for. I will try tonight. Thank you very much, much appreciated.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.