please SUDO problem

Reaction score
hi im kinda new in this terminal things on mac, and well I'm making minecraft mods in here and i need to install some thing, so when i set up everything works fine in terminal until i drag
"instal.sh" into terminal it says permission denied, so then i try with sudo command and i get this

sudo: /Users/IsaacTobalina/Desktop/forge/install.sh: command not found
Isaacs-MacBook-Pro-152:mcp62 IsaacTobalina$

can someone help me i really need to install that please reply

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
you probably need to..

chmod 755 install.sh

./install.sh

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
Open Terminal and type

chmod 755<a space goes here>

then drag the install.sh file from the folder into the Terminal window and hit enter.

It should look like this after dragging if it still is on the desktop.

chmod 755 /Users/IsaacTobalina/Desktop/forge/install.sh

Then, drag the install file into Terminal again and hit enter once more.

OP
M
Reaction score
Open Terminal and type

chmod 755<a space goes here>

then drag the install.sh file from the folder into the Terminal window and hit enter.

It should look like this after dragging if it still is on the desktop.

chmod 755 /Users/IsaacTobalina/Desktop/forge/install.sh

Then, drag the install file into Terminal again and hit enter once more.

thanks but now i get this /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/Resources/Python.app/Contents/MacOS/Python: can't open file 'install.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
That means that install.py doesn't exist. Did you move the script from its original location?

OP
M
Reaction score
That means that install.py doesn't exist. Did you move the script from its original location?

no i didn't its in the mcp62 folder with is in the minecraft modding folder and i don't know how to fix this i will try, but i need to do that install.sh with the path of mcp2 so i have to do this

on terminal:

/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/Resources/Python.app/Contents/MacOS/Python: can't open file 'install.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory
i get that don't know why

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Like I said - the error is telling you that install.py doesn't exist. Does the file install.py exist?

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The install.sh shell script may be using the install.py Python script as part of the install process. If this is indeed the case, you'll need to execute the script from the directory of the installer since the author will not have hard coded the path to the Python script. To do this, do the following:

1. Open up a Terminal window and enter the following:
Code:
cd <path to script>
Replace <path to script> with the directory that the script is in. You can get this easily by simply dragging the folder that the script is in and dropping it on the Terminal window. Press enter to change directories.

2. Enter the following and press enter:
Code:
sh install.sh

OP
M
Reaction score
The install.sh shell script may be using the install.py Python script as part of the install process. If this is indeed the case, you'll need to execute the script from the directory of the installer since the author will not have hard coded the path to the Python script. To do this, do the following:

1. Open up a Terminal window and enter the following:
Code:
cd <path to script>
Replace <path to script> with the directory that the script is in. You can get this easily by simply dragging the folder that the script is in and dropping it on the Terminal window. Press enter to change directories.

2. Enter the following and press enter:
Code:
sh install.sh

THANKS wow this forums do work thank you a lot guys !

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.