Burning movies to disc

Reaction score
I just recently bought an iMac about 4 months ago and I am having a hard time burning movies that I make on iMovies to a disc or DVD. I cannot find iDVD so I am sure it doesnt come with it, is there another way to burn movies to a disc without having iDVD? Please help.

I also have a GoPro Hero2 camera that I recently put all the pictures and movies from the camera to the iMac. I am wanting to put a couple movies and pictures back on the SD card that is in the GoPro. I have tried the click and drag method, I have also tried to make a seperate folder and Export the video and pictures to the folder, then tried to Export to the GoPro. I have even tried to pull the SD card out of the camera and put it in the card reader on the side of the iMac and all those methods still dont work. If anyone has any pointers on how to do this please let me know. Thanks!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Power Macintosh G4 Not currently working, so i'm using a Windows 7 Quad Core
I would get a program, such as MagicISO: Movie edition.
Also I would check your drive for corrupt files, maybe iMovie is corrupt, if it is reinstall it with the Applications Update CD that came with your iMac.

OP
J
Reaction score
Not sure what you mean by corrupt files. I use iMovie regularly and havent had any problems with any part of it. I heard through these forums that I do need to purchase a program such as iLife 11 or the one you mentioned to be able to burn to DVD's since the new iMacs so not come with it for some reason. I was just wandering if anyone has been able to burn movies they have made to a disc using iMovies or something already on the iMac without buying anything new. Thanks

Reaction score
i would get 'Toast' it's dead easy to use.

Also, it surprises me that you don't have iDVD as it came on my iMac as standard and i got the entry level one. Is it second hand? If so are you sure the app hasn't just been deleted? If so just reinstall.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Um... A corrupt file is a file that cannot be used ...
I would use Disc Manager to check your files...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i would get 'Toast' it's dead easy to use.

Also, it surprises me that you don't have iDVD as it came on my iMac as standard and i got the entry level one. Is it second hand? If so are you sure the app hasn't just been deleted? If so just reinstall.

Well, You're right, he should pull out his Applications Install CD, and reinstall iMovie while he's at it.

OP
J
Reaction score
Yeah I am sure it didnt come with iDVD so it will not let me redownload it. I can buy it but I have also heard it is better to get a disc to download instead of just an app. Anyways, thanks for your help. It is good to have a site to go to for help and tips for new Mac users.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Another thing is that this problem would be in the OS X-Apps & Games, so post there if you're still having problems.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
... It is good to have a site to go to for help and tips for new Mac users.
I'm a new mac user myself, just a Computer expert, not an Apple Hardware expert

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
I will also try the Application disc and re-install iMovies. Thanks
Depending upon when you purchased your Mac it may not have iDVD included. It is not, for example, listed in the built-in applications with the current MacBook Pro line. I don't remember exactly when it was dropped.

I have been looking for an alternative to iDVD recently but some of the possibilities I have seen don't appear to be stable.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Sure came as an Application with a new iMac running OS X.7.4. Sure it is not in the Application Folder?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.