Is there a way to make icons manually bigger?

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Sorry can't seem to find the answer elsewhere. I know that if you go to desktop view options, there is icon size that can go up to 128x128. But is there a way to make them bigger? I only have three main icons on the desktop and I would love it if they were larger (like miniature postcards, almost).

Thanks very much for your help!

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Hi guys,

Sorry can't seem to find the answer elsewhere. I know that if you go to desktop view options, there is icon size that can go up to 128x128. But is there a way to make them bigger? I only have three main icons on the desktop and I would love it if they were larger (like miniature postcards, almost).

Thanks very much for your help!

You can "zoom"/enlarge/magnify just about anything...but this would also decrease the amount of screen "real estate"/area.

Go to "System Preferences" >> then "Universal Access"...and check out the settings there.

- Nick

OP
E
Reaction score
You can "zoom"/enlarge/magnify just about anything...but this would also decrease the amount of screen "real estate"/area.

Go to "System Preferences" >> then "Universal Access"...and check out the settings there.

- Nick

Thanks very much for your response, Nick.

Unfortunately, I am far more technologically challenged. So, I went to Universal Access and turned zoom on with the option of maximum zoom of 10 (just guessing). Except that I still have no idea how to translate that into making icons on desktop bigger. The "real estate" of it doesn't bother me much, I only have three folders on the desktop (less cluttered).

Please help me again :) What do I press to make the icons bigger?

Thanks so much!

Evie

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.