iMac Screen Turning Blue periodically

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
10 GB 13" MacBook Pro, 64GB WiFi, 128GB iPhone 7
My niece has an iMac running Leopard. She complained that sometimes the screen will turn blue and she'll have to click her mouse to remove it. I noticed when I had 2 or 3 apps open, it would turn blue and shrink all the screen so I could see them all on the Desktop. I thought it was the "Spaces" setting but when I checked, it was not checked.

What else could there be causing this? It's driving her and her husband nuts. Thanks in advance for your help.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The next time it happens on her machine, ask her to take a screenshot of it. Let us know if the screenshot shows the same thing or not.

Very briefly, if the screenshot shows a normal picture, it's either software or the LCD itself that may be the problem. If the screenshot shows the same thing, it may be a graphics defect.

C

chas_m

No, I think I know exactly what's going on.

I suspect the billwill's niece has a Mighty Mouse. When you squeeze the sides, it can invoke Expose.

You can turn this off in the Mouse preferences.

There's a small chance that what's happening is that she's pressing the scroll button down, which acts as a "middle button." That too can invoke Expose and that too can be fixed in the mouse prefs.

OP
billwill
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
10 GB 13" MacBook Pro, 64GB WiFi, 128GB iPhone 7
Thanks, chas_m !!

That was it ! Thanks very much !

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.