Laser printer for my Macbook Pro

Reaction score
So my Samsung 4100 laser printer will not work with my new (to me 2010) Macbook Pro.
I am retiring my Power Pc. and plan to buy a new Laser printer.
I do not use the printer all the time, but I do want a laser.
Do most new printers work with Macbooks?
Does any one have one they like a lot?
Than you.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
So my Samsung 4100 laser printer will not work with my new (to me 2010) Macbook Pro.
I am retiring my Power Pc. and plan to buy a new Laser printer.
I do not use the printer all the time, but I do want a laser.
Do most new printers work with Macbooks?
Does any one have one they like a lot?
Than you.

I'm sure there are lot & lots to choose from. For the past year or so...I've had a wireless Brother HL-2280DW laser printer/scanner/photocopier that has worked great. Does two-sided copying as well.:)

- Nick

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Always buy a printer that's "Mac friendly". I find that HP, Epson, and Canon printers seem to work right out of the box with all of the Macs that I have owned. If you're looking for a BW laser printer, take a look at some of the newer HP and Brother models. Both have good support for OS X. (Especially HP). Canon makes several nice color laser printers that work well with OS X but the toner is expensive.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
To add to the list of brand names. My first attempt at a newer laser printer (wireless was my top priority)...was a Samsung model. Had lots of headaches trying to set it up...and never was successful (returned it). So if it were me...a Samsung model would not be my first choice.

- Nick

Reaction score
I'm sure there are lot & lots to choose from. For the past year or so...I've had a wireless Brother HL-2280DW laser printer/scanner/photocopier that has worked great. Does two-sided copying as well.:)

Hard to go wrong with Brother. I have a Brother HL-5370DW Wireless Laser printer. It's a workhorse and completely Mac compatible.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.