• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Hd Dvd

D

damontgo

I'm starting to wonder who's going to win the format war, Blu-Ray or HD DVD?

I know that Microsoft is supporting HD DVD, and even uses it for its 360 games, correct? And now, HP has dropped its exclusive support of the Blu-Ray format. Read This Blu-Ray has always seemed liek the better technology to me, but I'm starting to wonder if it can beat out Microsoft and HD DVD. What if Microsoft chooses to offer its OS exclusively in HD DVD format? That pretty much binds every major PC manufacturer to HD DVD if they want to run Windows. The only work around for them would be Linux, or illegal OSx86, unless someone built a device that would read/write in both HD DVD and Blu-Ray, but I dont see that happening.

What does everyone think?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone
I dont know much about the blu-ray or hd dvd, but I do know there is a program out there now that will let you take all the info from a xbox 360 disk. They dont have a way to burn the disks yet, but they can take all the info off of them. So I guess if there was a hd dvd with just music or a movie, somebody will be able to get the info off of it and spread it around.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.