iCal help please

d_b

Reaction score
Hello,

Basically on my iPhone all my events on a certain calendar have been duplicated.

This calendar is one that I have imported from a Gmail calendar so it isnt on iCloud, its 'On My Mac'

I am using Lion and on my Mac the events on the calendar are only shown once. They are also only shown once on the Gmail calendar. But when I synced my iPhone with iTunes to put the calendar on my phone all the events showed up twice.

Any ideas on what I have done wrong and what I could do to get rid of the duplicates?

Thanks

Dan

C

chas_m

MOST LIKELY what's happening is that you have iTunes set to sync your calendars BOTH from Gmail (or iCloud) AND locally.

With the iPhone connected, open iTunes. Select your settings for the iPhone, scroll down to the calendar and UNCHECK the box that says sync for the calendars. Then hit the Sync button at the bottom right to lock in the setting. That should do it.

OP
D

d_b

Reaction score
Thank you for the suggestion. That just gets rid of them both completely.

On my iphone I have been unchecking calendars to see if I could get the duplicate to disappear but when I uncheck the calendar I am having a problem with they both disappear.

Also is there a way to get this calendar that I have imported to sync over iCloud?

I sync every calendar over iCloud apart from this one. On iTunes I use the 'sync selected calendars' function and just have this calendar checked.

OP
D

d_b

Reaction score
I have tried to sync the calendar another way after finding something on google and it seems to have worked.

I got the initial problem after downloading the file from google and then importing it into iCal on my Mac. Then syncing to the phone.

Harmonize iPhone & iCal with Google Calendar | iPhone.AppStorm

I followed the tutorial in the sync with iPhone section for anyone who may have had a similar problem.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.