iTunes update 10.6.3

Reaction score
I am also having issues with this update. When I try to open iTunes, the dialogue box tells me the "iTunes Library.itl" can not be accessed because it was created in a newer version of iTunes (I recently transfered from a 2.5yr MacBook Pro, to a 6month MacBook Pro). I am then promoted to download an update for iTunes. When I go to install this update, I am informed that the update can not be installed :Confused: because "The update could not be verified. It may have been corrupted during downloading. The update will be downloaded and checked again the next time that Software Update runs." :'(

So currently, I can not use iTunes at all :Not-Amused:

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Your post was moved to the correct forum as it does not belong in the "Lounge" forum. Please read our forum descriptions before posting.

As for iTunes, you don't have to wait for software update. iTunes is a free download anytime.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch 2014 Retina MacBook Pro, 2012 Mac Mini, 160GB iPod Classic, iPhone 5
I had a similar problem when I bought a new iMac two weeks ago. I deleted iTunes and downloaded the latest version from the Apple site. It installed the first time and has been running fine since.

OP
Snowf1ake
Reaction score
I had a similar problem when I bought a new iMac two weeks ago. I deleted iTunes and downloaded the latest version from the Apple site. It installed the first time and has been running fine since.

Did this... and it works! Thank you so much :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch 2014 Retina MacBook Pro, 2012 Mac Mini, 160GB iPod Classic, iPhone 5
Glad I could help.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.