Upgrading to snow leopard/ bootcamp

Reaction score
I have an imac (intel duo processors) running Leopard. My hard disk is partitioned and I can start up with Windows on the partition for the purpose of running ProShow Producer which regrettably is only available for a Windows platform.
I use Aperture and have a Canon 5D Mk 3 camera (recent release) that produces Raw files whose format Aperture cannot recognise. I need to upgrade to Snow Leopard so that I can install the Adobe RAW Camera update, just released, that will hopefully allow Aperture to recognise this new file format. (The Raw camera update will not install with Leopard - it needs Snow Leopard)
If I go ahead and intall Snow Leopard, will this have any effect on my present ability to start up from my hard disk partition using Windows? I am afraid of losing access to my ProShow Producer files on the Windows partition. I notice it is advised to disconnect any external drives when installing new operating systems but I cannot disconnect a partition on my internal drive!
Any advice would be appreciated.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Updating to Snow Leopard should not impact your Boot Camp partition. However, knowing that Murphy's Law is lurking about, I strongly advise you to make a backup of both your Leopard partition and the Boot Camp partition before doing the update.

OP
U
Reaction score
Thanks Chscag

Many thanks, Scag. I use Time Machine for backup. Can you advise if that will have made back ups of both partitions on my hard disk including the Bootcamp/ Windows one?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.