• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Apple Phrase

J

jy106

I am not sure if the US members of the forums are familiar with the saying;
"Football is a game for gentlmen played by thugs and rugby is a game for thugs played by gentlemen," but i think it may be possible to apply the same concept with macs and pcs, using this phrase;

"Macs are computers designed for simplicity, used by professionals and PCs are computers designed for professionals, used by simple people."

Anyone else agree?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP (Mid-2015), 2.8 Ghz i7, 16GB DDR3, AMD M370X Gfx, 1 TB SSD
jy106 said:
I am not sure if the US members of the forums are familiar with the saying;
"Football is a game for gentlmen played by thugs and rugby is a game for thugs played by gentlemen," but i think it may be possible to apply the same concept with macs and pcs, using this phrase;

"Macs are computers designed for simplicity, used by professionals and PCs are computers designed for professionals, used by simple people."

Anyone else agree?

I dunno... not a bad analogy, maybe I'm an exception to the rule cos I consired myself a fairly simple creature.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.