PLEASE how do I add text to a photo in preview

Reaction score
I have done this before without a problem, but now the text is SUUUPER TINY even after I put the font at 72+...what happened? I'm trying to add text to some engagement photos to print out for frames etc, but I can't seem to do anything. I tried to open a different photo in preview, to see what I did different, but found that the text was also VERY SMALL...looks like a smudge in the photo...It has to be something I clicked, but I have no clue what. I am running thin on patience. :(

Sorry I know this has been asked before, but I can't find that thread and I'm new here and again running thin on patience.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mid-2010 Mac Mini OS 10.12.6 Sierra, 2.66 GHz C2D, 8GB RAM, 30 in. Cinema Display
Open the picture in Preview and under Tools > Annotate, click on "Add Text".

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook OS X 10.6.8 | 3rd gen iPod
If you have Drawberry I'd suggest using that. If not, I'd suggest downloading it! I find this tool to be much more user friendly than Preview for this. Once open open the picture select the text tool and write! :)

Download link:
DrawBerry for Mac - CNET Download.com

Hope it all works out!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.