password protection

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.25 15inch powerbook
whenever i try to move stuff from the finder it asks for my password. How do i disable this feature???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White 2ghz Core Duo Macbook, 2ghz RAM, 60gb Hard drive, SuperDrive
Not sure, just to let you know about it, (as i've read about in magazines), this is a security measure designed so that nothing is downloaded without your permission. Or moved without you authorizing it or so forth

check out www.macworld.com I read an article a long time ago there.

Pierre

J

jn4jenny

section8joe said:
whenever i try to move stuff from the finder it asks for my password. How do i disable this feature???

My only thought is that you might have FileVault turned on, in which case you should check System Preferences -> Security and either un-check "Disable automatic login" or, if you didn't want FireVault on anyway, click "Turn Off FireVault."

If you don't have FireVault on, then I'm stumped.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.25 15inch powerbook
filevault is turned off? I don't know what else to check??????

A

Password from previous owner

Hi, i bought a 2nd hand iBook and need to reinstall new OS X. The problem is, it kept asking me provide id and password set by the previous owner. How do i go about this if i don't know the password? I have no idea where or who is the previous owner. I can't use the iBook!!

Please help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook 12" G4, 30 GB, 768 MB RAM. iPod 5G 30GB.
pop in the cd and hold c, then from the cd go to password reset (or something like that i havent done this in awhile). select him the reset the password..

A

Hi iWonder,

The problem is, i don't have the CD with me and i need to install it urgently. I read about the reboot in the web but if i don;t have the CD, what can i do??
i'm in dire straits... i just hop on to the MAC wagon and now..... :(

J

jn4jenny

Hi iWonder,

The problem is, i don't have the CD with me and i need to install it urgently. I read about the reboot in the web but if i don;t have the CD, what can i do??
i'm in dire straits... i just hop on to the MAC wagon and now..... :(

If you don't have either the iBook Restore CD or an OS X CD, then there's nothing that you can do. You need to get the CD (it's very unusual that your iBook wasn't sold with it--try contacting the seller and see if they forgot to include it.)

A

jn4jenny said:
If you don't have either the iBook Restore CD or an OS X CD, then there's nothing that you can do. You need to get the CD (it's very unusual that your iBook wasn't sold with it--try contacting the seller and see if they forgot to include it.)

Hi jn4jenny,

Thanks. I have the CD already. Just that this is a 2nd hand iBook which i don't know the owner and don't have the CD with it.

cheers!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.