How to sync between 2 systems on the same mac

Reaction score
Hey all,

I've just installed an ssd on my macbook pro (late 2008) so now I have 2 hard drives in the macbook. The old one with snow leopard, and a lion on the ssd. I would like to copy just some of the applications located on the snow onto the lion since the ssd capacity is just 90gig. I tried carbon copy cloner and superduper but they won't do it. how do I do this?

Thanks in advance

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
You should be able to use either Carbon Copy Cloner or SuperDuper select the files/folders over to the SSD though one drive won't be a true clone of the other one. This should get you going in the right direction. There is a section called Backup and Archive Settings that explains how to exclude files you do not want to copy.

When deciding what to copy to the Lion partition remember that PPC programs will not run under Lion so no point copying those. Also remember that some apps also place some of their necessary information in the Application Support folder.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.