Learning xcode

Reaction score
Hello everyone.. I'm new to all of this - and really want to start making apps. I've got zero code experience but am eager to learn. I've started on a basic tutorial which: iOS For High School Students: Getting Started | Ray Wenderlich ... ng-started

It appears that the tutorials are for an earlier version of Xcode as there a couple of things that I noticed don't match up. i.e. 'pool drain' doesn't appear on the version of Xcode (4.3.3) that I'm using, and there was another one after that which I can't recall just now. I'm guessing that there's going to be a lot of that.

I was wondering whether you think I should just continue - and not have a mind glitch and lose myself in a forum hunt trying to get answers every time this occurs.. (maybe these differences are minor?) - or.. should I try and find a tutorial that works specifically with the most recent version of Xcode?

I would be happy in the extreme for any advice.. please be gentle - I'm a fresh newbie..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz Intel Core i5, 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3, Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB, Mac OS X Lion 10.7.4

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.