Problems with windows and bootcamp

Reaction score
hi guys

I am currently running a macbook pro os x 10.7. I have just installed windows 7 through a bootcamp partition. Windows is up and running however i am have a problem installing the drivers. I have installed all drivers from a os x 10.6 dvd and still cannot use functions such as the internet etc. I have looked everywhere on the net for answers to get this sorted. How can i get around this problem.
Please guys i am a noob to mac computers so please speak english.
thanks so much

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Which MacBook Pro? The late 2010 and 2011 MacBook Pro models drivers must be downloaded from Apple. That's an option given when running the Boot Camp assistant. The Snow Leopard DVD does not contain the proper drivers.

OP
C
Reaction score
the macbook pro is late 2011 so i guess i would have to download them from apple. Do you have a link? Windows is not picking up any signal or wireless connections at all, when i troubleshoot it says network adapter not found. Would this be a driver problem? WHich drivers will i need to download to have a fully functional windows system or does it come as a package type thing. With regard to these drivers would i be able to download them using my os system put onto external hard drive then install on my windows partition.

Sorry for my lack of technical knowledge \. thanks for you help

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
In order to download the drive image from Apple you need to do this (which you probably missed before):

Boot back to OS X Lion. Run the Boot Camp assistant once more. Go through the motions of setting up Boot Camp.... the Boot Camp assistant will ask you to download a driver image from Apple. Download the image and place it on a flash drive or CD. After downloading the drivers do not continue with Boot Camp. Instead, cancel out of the operation. Boot to Windows 7 and install your drivers. Should work.

OP
C
Reaction score
thank you so much sir!!! Problem is now ressolved. feel a bit silly to have missed it.

Have a nice evening all the best

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Great. Enjoy Windows 7 and visit us often. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Alas it was all explained so clearly in the guidelines which should be printed and studied.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.