Xcode & gcc

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am new to programing on a mac (Snow Leopard). I have Xcode 3.2.6 and see that there is no gfortran and the default gcc & g++ is version 4.2. I installed an updated version using macports in /opt/local/bin aliased as gcc-mp-4.6, g++-mp-4.6, gfortran-mp-4.6. The gcc and g++ that Xcode uses are in /usr/local/bin. I can compile code fine using command line, however I would like to be able to use the developer enviroment offered by Xcode. How do I set the default version of gcc and g++ in only the developer to gcc-mp-4.6 and g++-mp-4.6. Also, how do I add gfortran-mp-4.6 to Xcode? Detailed instructions would really be appreciated since I am a newbie. Thank you very much!

OP
N
Reaction score

Hi Ashwin,

Thank you for the links. The first link solve my problem about setting the default gcc compiler. The second link leads me to a webpage where I install a gfortran (version 4.2) compiler. I have already installed the compiler. I am unsure how to link the compiler with Xcode 3.2 developing environment.

Thank you for your help,
namu

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.