Syncing iPad with Mac will I lose content?

Reaction score
I just bought my first Mac! A MacBook air to be specific. My iPad is currently synced with a pc, if I sync it with the new Mac, will I lose all my photos? Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Welcome to the forums.

If you're not moving your iTunes library en Masse from your PC to your Mac; the fresh, clean empty copy of iTunes on your Mac will treat the iPad as foreign and want to wipe it.

Ideally I'd suggest re-locating your iTunes library to your Mac to avoid issues. However there are ways to make sure your photos are safe;

The first thing to do is start Image Capture on your Mac (you can find it in the Applications folder or click spotlight - magnifying glass top right - and start typing Image Capture then click to open.

Image capture will let you import all you pictures to a folder of your choice.

The alternative is to use a photo management tool like iPhoto (bundled with your Mac or Picasa (a free download from Google). Both these let you import pictures.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.