Request for Workflow (Automator)

Reaction score
Hello there,

I was wondering if anyone out there could give me a workflow or script to do the following action:

Change the text of a file name to be a series of capitalized words (ie each word starts with a capital letter followed by lower case letters)

ex.
ANTENATAL CARE RATES IN NORTHERN NIGERIA
--becomes--
Antenatal Care Rates in Northern Nigeria

I ask this because I'm a research assistant and a big part of my work involves pulling tables and figures off PDFs and saving them. I copy paste the the title of the figure and save it with that name, but these are often done in all caps and this is ugly to look at when there are dozens next to each other

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
Certainly, although I see I set it to lowercase in the screenshot it also has a capitalize each word setting.

EDIT: It isn't clear from the screenshot but the "Change Case" action is called "Rename Finder Items" in the listing on the left.

Screen Shot 2012-07-11 at 7.00.02 PM.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.