Stolen Macbook Pro

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

My Macbook pro was stolen and I have iCloud activated on the computer. Fortunately, I can see the approximate location of my macbook because it frequently connects to the internet, and it has been in the same place for the entire period that it has been missing. It's only about 20 minutes away form where I live.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookPro 15.4, 2.2ghz i7 (Late 2011), Macbook 1,1 1.83ghz CoreDuo
Yes its tracking via IP addresses. Similar issue happened to us with our iPhone 4 that was boosted from our gym bag at the gym. I was able to see where it was, then it went blank. If someone went through the prefs, deleted your MobileMe/iCloud settings, you'll never see it online again. So it just shows the last position it was online. Really sucks! And its heart breaking. Only thing id advise, is if you do go around the location, don't approach, confront or speak to anyone. Try not to look suspicious, cause you don't know what crazies your working with. And your safety is #1.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Thats my house ........... jk ;P

Yes its tracking via IP addresses. Similar issue happened to us with our iPhone 4 that was boosted from our gym bag at the gym. I was able to see where it was, then it went blank. If someone went through the prefs, deleted your MobileMe/iCloud settings, you'll never see it online again. So it just shows the last position it was online. Really sucks! And its heart breaking. Only thing id advise, is if you do go around the location, don't approach, confront or speak to anyone. Try not to look suspicious, cause you don't know what crazies your working with. And your safety is #1.

That is some top advice right there...... Nice man :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
Bummer. So close, and yet so far away...

I have no advice but wish you the best of luck.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.