iPod touch - app store error

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air OS X 10.7 1.7 Intel Core i5 4GB, MacMini mid-2011
My daughter has an iPod touch (purchased Oct 2010) and when trying to download an app gets the message - "A secure connection could not be established. Please check your Date & Time settings."

Any ideas what to do?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
Did you check your Date and Time settings in Settings app? If that is incorrect, then that may be the issue.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Secure connections may be established through the acceptance of a certificate that is located on Apple's end. Each of these certificates has an expiry date. If your iPod has an improper date (one that happens to be after the expiry of the certificate), the connection will fail because it will look as if the connection is no longer certified as secure. This likely explains why you're seeing this message. As such, make sure the date and time is set properly.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.