Time Capsule Setup Questions

Reaction score
Hi,

I was having problems setting up an Iomega server with my existing Orange Livebox so I decided to junk the lot and go for the Time Capsule.

My question is, do I still have to keep the Orange Livebox or can I just put the ADSL line straight into the Time Capsule? The guy at the shop said the Time Capsule will replace both the Iomega drive and the Livebox but it just says no internet connection when I plug the ADSL line into the Time Capsule?

Thanks,

Andy

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2
You will still need an ADSL modem - the Time Capsule is a router but not a modem - so I think you still need that livebox to convert the ADSL signal into an ethernet type signal that the Time Capsule is expecting.

OP
A
Reaction score
bollox! I have more boxes on my window cill than I know what to do with!

Does anyone know if there is a nice small compact and cool looking modem available that would suit the Time Capsule??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air M1 2020 Ventura 13.4.1 500Gb 8Gb. iPhone12, Watch 5, HomePods.
bollox! I have more boxes on my window cill than I know what to do with!

Does anyone know if there is a nice small compact and cool looking modem available that would suit the Time Capsule??

Whoops...a bit of choice Accrington language there Andi Licious. Just click Edit and replace it with say "oh dash" or "crikey" or something;D

This might be of interest also http://www.draytek.co.uk/products/vigor120.html

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.