Airplay from mac, not happy

Reaction score
I was lookin forward to getting mountain lion this month so i could airplay stuff offmy mac book pro to apple tv, now i find out it is only certain mac's that can do this and mines to old to do it ( mid 09) not happy why does apply have to be a pain in the *** sometimes.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Wait till ML comes out. There just maybe a way around it. There was with Air Drop and some older Macs with Lion.

C

chas_m

The real culprit there is the video card in your Mac most likely -- it's apparently not deemed powerful enough to handle this smoothly. I also have a mid-2009 MacBook Pro, and I have a Nvidia GeForce 9400M.

However, there is almost certain to be a third-party solution to this, such as AirParrot. I suggest you download and try this product (it allows 10 minutes of trying it out per session) and then pay the modest fee ($10 for a single machine license) if it works for you.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.