iPhoto Sync issue

Reaction score
Good day,

Albums on my iPad and iPhone sync with iPhoto (IOS) but do not sync with iPhoto for my MBP. Same for photo stream, does anyone have any suggestions on how i may sync iPhoto on my mac and IOS?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air M1 2020 Ventura 13.4.1 500Gb 8Gb. iPhone12, Watch 5, HomePods.
Good day,

Albums on my iPad and iPhone sync with iPhoto (IOS) but do not sync with iPhoto for my MBP. Same for photo stream, does anyone have any suggestions on how i may sync iPhoto on my mac and IOS?

Thanks

Hello,

Have you got Photostream enabled in iPhoto>Prefs ?

Do you you have 'Sync Photos from iPhoto' checked in iTunes>Your iPhone>Photos?

My assumption is that you are using iPhoto11 which has the Photostream feature, if not your sync won't work fully.

OP
T
Reaction score
Hello,

Have you got Photostream enabled in iPhoto>Prefs ?

Do you you have 'Sync Photos from iPhoto' checked in iTunes>Your iPhone>Photos?

My assumption is that you are using iPhoto11 which has the Photostream feature, if not your sync won't work fully.

Sync photos from iTunes was not checked. I enable this and tried a sync. The albums would not properly sync. If I deleted a pic from my Mac then the pic would still be on my iPad and iPhone.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air M1 2020 Ventura 13.4.1 500Gb 8Gb. iPhone12, Watch 5, HomePods.
Sync photos from iTunes was not checked. I enable this and tried a sync. The albums would not properly sync. If I deleted a pic from my Mac then the pic would still be on my iPad and iPhone.

In what way would the albums not properly sync? Which option do you have checked 'All' or 'Selected' ?
Also what version of iPhoto are you using?

OP
T
Reaction score
In what way would the albums not properly sync? Which option do you have checked 'All' or 'Selected' ?
Also what version of iPhoto are you using?

The option check all was enabled. I am using the latest version from the app store.

I have albums on my iPad that are not synced to my Mac and I have some on the Mac that are not showing on my iPad.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.