Back to My Mac - iCloud problems

Reaction score
I bought a MacBook Air with the intention of being able to access some of my files from home on my iMac, connected to the internet with a Time Capsule. I logged in both computers with iCloud, and when I'm on the same network, I can use screen sharing and access each computer's shared folders as a guest or logging in with the user name, but when I try to connect with iCloud the dialogue box just shakes at me. If I'm on a different network, my iMac doesn't show up. Apple Support has been no help so far. Any ideas?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
If you wish to share files from your iMac at home and your MBA while away from home, you can setup something like DropBox on both machines. DropBox is currently free for 2 GB of storage. Then when at home, place whatever folders or files you wish to share in the DropBox folder and they will be accessible from the Air when away from home.

If you need even more storage, you can use the free SugarSync (5 GB) or the free SkyDrive (7 GB) to do the same thing.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.