Answering automatically to emails

Reaction score
Hello Everyone, very excited to be on this forum.

I have a question.

I receive hundreds of email every days from customer inquiring about product I rent for different amount of time.

I have 200 products, soon 500, then 1000

The emails are coming from different websites (partners) so they don't have the same format but we can identify 10 different formats, no more than that.

Here is a regular day (I know it is ridiculous):

- Receiving emails from different websites about customers
- Opening each of them to check what are:
- the product they inquire about (I recognize with the picture of the product because I am not a robot, but a robot would recognize with the name of the product or the listing number)
- number of people
- dates required
- I calculate with this information what will be the price
- I answer the email with a typinator answer (software to expedite the repetitive texting) and I paste the price calculated before, I also attach some more pictures and characteristics of the specific product they were inquiring about
- I store the email in a folder (2 different folders depending of the amount of the sale)

I averagely do that 200 times per day and I know this is a non sense.
I would like to set up a system which can allow me to do a lot more things than just tediously responding to every one of them,

My question is:
I don't want anymore to use typinator, calculate by myself the price with tax and paste it in the email.

Can something do it easily? Like Automator or a payable software?

Thanks so much for your contribution
Triben

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
What you are looking for really is some sort of an website or something that your partners can use to send you the requests and that site would catalog all the sales and automate the replies and so on.

It would then send you a email per hour with the number of items in the queue for you to go and review.

Doing all of this by e-mail is not really a good solution. E-mail is probably the easiest thing to get going by your partners, but it does not scale well as you get more products..

Spend the time (and frankly) the money to get some sort of a website set up and it will allow you to scale nicely..

OP
T
Reaction score
Thank you for your answer Raz0rEdge.

A good website will definitely help me but I won't get out of the email thing.

People will always have this questions "how much is it for these dates".

So that's why I need a tool which is doing what I am doing right now.

Eventually I really want my mailbox to be answered automatically.

Any software out there?

How Automator can help me with that?

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Looks like you might be able to get some part of your task automated..take a peek at MacTech | The journal of Apple technology. for some pointers.

You'll have to deal with the 10 or so formats of e-mail you've identified and determine how to figure out which format you are looking at.

Based on that, I think you can do all the test with this. For the additional pictures you'll want to organize them in a manner in which once the product is determined by the script, it can easily pull the images based on that information..

OP
T
Reaction score
Looks terrific.

I will definitely look into details to see if I can tell to look into an excel file that contains all the information (different prices, pictures, seasons...)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.