Macbook Pro (core i7, Feb'12 model) - connectivity problems

Reaction score
Hi All,

New Mac user here, recently from several years of using PC. My network is having connectivity issues, that are specific to my Mac - my girlfriend's 2 year old PC connects and stays connected just fine.

The problem is, my Macbook Pro (Feb 2012 , Lion OS) will stay connected for 5 seconds, then drop the connection and stay disconnected for several minutes. In Windows, I would open the terminal, and type "Ipconfig" and then terminal commands to force the hardware to reconnect. Worked every time, like a charm.

I haven't been able to find anything similar for Mac. I have the "Keepalive bash script" in OS Terminal, but if the computer is already disconnected it doesn't help. Nor does toggling airport on and off.

Very frustrated. THere's GOT to be another option I can try, similar to "IPCONFIG" in WIndows. Any thoughts guys? Please let me know :)

Thanks!:(

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.