NUMBERS - moving to top of spreadsheet with hyperlink

Reaction score
Hi board members

I have a reasonably large spreadsheet and want to be able to move quickly to the top of the sheet by inserting a "button"; a cell formula or (?) another method.

Is this possible? And how is it done?

Also...

Is it also possible to open a video file stored on an external hard drive by using a formula?

Cheers, Mal

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21" 8GB, MBP 15" 2.5 Penryn, 4 GB/180 GB
If you want to move to the top, then hit the “Home” key.

Normally files like video are activated by links, not by formulas (true in any spreadsheet app).

OP
M
Reaction score
Cool, thanks shades.

Didn't I use the term hyperlink in my subject line? Since they begin with an = sign I colloquially call it a "formula" - local hyperlinks don't seem to be allowed in numbers. Funny I reckon, they work a treat in excel.

Thanks for your advice about "hitting the home key" - can you tell this newbie to Mac which one is that?

Cheers, Mal

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Thanks for your advice about "hitting the home key" - can you tell this newbie to Mac which one is that?

I'm using a full size numeric wired Apple keyboard so the "home" key is called "home". :) However, on the wireless model try the Fn + the left pointing arrow key to get the same function.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.