Bamboo pen tablet has died, looking for new tablet

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 09- early 10 MacBook Pro, iPad 2, 3rd Generation iPod Nano
Hi all, my old bamboo pen tablet has a messed up cord and I am going to be getting a new tablet. I am thinking about getting a Wacom intuos4 small tablet. I use my tablet for digital art, mostly on photoshop cs4 and parallels 4 paint tool sai. I need a tablet with good pressure sensitivity as well as stability. I am trying to keep the price under 150 usd. What is a good tablet for digital art that is affordable?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
I have an intous4, my preference is for medium.. but that's purely personal. In general the intous line performs much better than the bamboo line (in terms of sensitivity, programmable buttons etc). In tablets, Wacom is the ONLY manufacturer I'll buy.

OP
L
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Do you know of substantial differences between medium and small? Online its about an 80 dollar difference.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Workspace. That's all it is. I'm not sure I could work on a small. Since the tablets are scaled with your monitor, it'd be awful tight. When they're talking about size though, that's the only difference.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
The medium version also features the display for your programmable buttons. That's also a part of the cost.

I would say if you've been content with the size of the Bamboo and you feel that you don't need anything larger, the small Intuos 4 should be sufficient enough. I love the intuos 4 because of it's ambidextrous design. If you're right handed you could totally go for an intuos 3 as well. They are getting quite a bit cheaper and offer more than the Bamboo does.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
DOH, I forgot about the display.

OP
L
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I have a 13.3 inch 2010 MacBook pro with snow leopard. I Assume the size may help with stability? The same way resolution affects clarity when scaled. Is there a significant change between intuos 3 and intuos 4? It is hard to find specs to compare. The Wacom website doesn't have them anymore and it was easy to compare there.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.