Installing Find My iPhone on a Mac

Reaction score
I have downloaded Find My iPhone and installed it on my iPhone and iPad and it works perfectly, locating these devices and my iMac. How do I set it up on my Mac to locate the phone and ipad?
I can find it in Itunes apps but can't get it to install.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Just log into iCloud.com with your apple I'd. No app required.

OP
Gren
Reaction score
Just log into iCloud.com with your apple I'd. No app required.

Thanks, I figured it out for myself eventually. You'd think that Apple could spell it out more clearly in their manuals.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
When you start Find My iPhone on you iPhone or iPad there is a link just below the username and password boxes - "setup instructions" - That takes you to a webpage that details how to setup and use Find My iPhone on all platforms/devices.

http://help.apple.com/icloud/#mmfc0f2442

C

chas_m

I'm surprised that a Google search didn't turn up that bit of info. Ah well, glad you found it.

OP
Gren
Reaction score
I'm surprised that a Google search didn't turn up that bit of info. Ah well, glad you found it.

Thanks, I found the info on a cnet tutorial, I am good at missing the blinking obvious though...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.